Gide launches its first student competition on law and innovation
In order to encourage innovation in the practice of law and put the spotlight on talented individuals, Gide is organising the first edition of its “Shake The Law” student competition, in partnership with Challenges magazine.
If you are a student with 5 years or more of higher education, you specialise in Economics & Business, Engineering & Technology, Political Sciences or Law: please apply!
Win your place to defend your ideas before a prestigious jury, as well as a EUR 6,000 cash prize and an internship at Gide!
- From 8 January to 8 February 2020, apply as a team on our registration platform and upload your CVs and a 2 min. video about your team and what you can bring to law & innovation
- On 2 March, we will publish the selection of 4 final teams, as well as the general theme to be discussed on 17 March..
- On 17 March, the selected teams will have 2h to prepare, on Gide’s premises, their arguments on a case study of innovative players and their legal challenges. They will present their project to a jury of experts in innovation, drawn from both the private and public sectors.
Selection criteria: the jury will look to how the team members complement each other in law and innovation, as well as the originality of the introductory video and the relevance of the arguments brought forward.
After jury deliberation, the following prizes will be award during a cocktail reception organised at the firm:
- 1st place: €6,000 for the team; two student internships; an article on gide.com
- 2nd place: two student internships; an article on gide.com
- An annual subscription to the Challenges magazine for the first 50 teams registered